Header

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Local Loves: The Downtown Market

It's been ages since I did my last Local Loves post, and in my last post I talked about how much absolutely LOVE The Downtown Market. They always have different events each week such as yoga, cooking classes, teen summer camps, and more! Also, every Saturday morning during season is the farmer's market which has the cutest things. Seriously. From homemade popcorn to fresh picked peaches (my fave) I fall in love all over again every time I go. But the best part in my opinion, is the indoor market which is year round. It's so great during the frigid winter to still have a piece of the market open. After opening awhile ago, it has been in a great addition to Grand Rapids, mainly because it thrives on local products and businesses. 



All local ingredients at Taco El Cunado! It's SO GOOD.

Field and Fire baked goods. Oh yeah.
Sweetie-licious bakery! Too cute. 


If you're within a 45 minute drive of Grand Rapids, I highly highly recommend checking out the market on a busy day. Perfect for families, couples (there's a wine and cheese bar), and good old teens like me, there much to explore. Oh and once a month in the summer there is a Vintage Flea Market that is seriously so fun. Last year I bought an adorable vintage necklace for only $4 (what?!) If you don't live in Michigan, I would explore your own local area for gems like this. There are so many hidden spots left to find, and it's fun to go with friends and support your community. My next adventure: to find the perfect hiking trail in West Michigan!

 Thank you to Eventbrite for inspiring me to share one of my favorite spots in my city. They're a great organization to make your own, customized events and even sell tickets online through their site. It's a great way to spread the word online, for things like charity events, a 5K, or party! I know organizations like Smart Girls Group and The Bloom Workshop use their service, two things I adore.
I've always wanted to host an event where everyone gets dressed up for my favorite charity, Kids' Food Basket...maybe that'll be my next project? Let me know YOUR favorite local places/companies, and leave links too so I can check them out too! :)
*This post is NOT sponsored. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. this looks like such a fun place to visit! we have something similar here in denver, but i think it's more for the adult crowd! it's still a fun place to visit though!!
    xox
    chloe
    http://popcosmo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I always feel like one of the youngest people whenever I go haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to move to GR after I graduate! Maybe I will :) I'd like to stay on the west side of the state. :) Lovely photos stephanie!
    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete