Header

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Cute Food Spots in Grand Rapids


field and fire cafe

What I really miss about Grand Rapids while I'm at college are all of the little coffee shops and restaurants that are all over the city and suburbs. Even though I have lived there my entire life, there always seems to be something new opening or new place to try that I've never been to before that my friends and I can visit. Thankfully, I was able to visit a couple different places over winter break, and seriously...I loved them all. It's hard enough to serve good food, but to serve good food AND to be aesthetically pleasing and cute is another accomplishment. Some of these places I've loved for years, and others I just went to for the first time! 
Field and Fire Cafe 
820 Monroe Ave. NW (vegan friendly)
I've loved Field and Fire for a couple years now after they opened in the Downtown Market (their almond croissants + vegan chocolate cookies are the way to my mom's heart), and after I heard they opened a bigger space serving baked goods, breakfast, and lunch I knew I had to check it out. We showed up right in between breakfast and lunchtime, and my friend Lydia ordered a yogurt parfait bowl, and I ordered a scramble. Both were so delicious, fresh, local, and made very fast. Everything is locally sourced which I LOVE, and it's very open and clean - I can't wait to visit again soon. 
The Old Goat 
2434 Eastern Ave. SE 
Walking into the Old Goat, I already knew it would become a new favorite. With the many times I've been there, I've never been disappointed with anything I've eaten. My favorite dish though are their sweet potatoes and lunch buffet! Also, the way they present their food on cutting boards and cute bowls really make me happy. And their water is served in mason jars....another brownie point added.
Love's Ice Cream 
435 Ionia Ave.  (vegan friendly)
I could go on and on about this place, as it is actually one of the best places to get ice cream. Located in the Downtown Market, they just moved to a larger space and have so many great options for everyone. Since dairy does not really treat my stomach well, it's nice to have the option for dairy-free gelato if I want it, but of course their milk ice cream still tastes just as great too. Their unique flavors like lavender blueberry, soulful ginger, and cinnamon roasted nut are great options, but their coconut chip gelato is my definite favorite. What I love even more is that they have an ice cream truck that I've seen at different local events, and they serve mitten ice cream pops that are to die for. 
Also, their customer service is one of the best - everyone is super friendly and helpful!
Trailhead Cafe 
1200 East Paris 
Located in a tiny strip mall connected to a bike shop, this cafe is definitely not as well known, but I have never been disappointed with their breakfast or lunch options. The service is very fast, and their classic wraps, burgers, and salads are all the perfect size with affordable prices. Some of my favorite things to get there are the Trailhead Scramble (only $7!), and their Black Bean Burger.
Cherry Deli and Catering 
834 Cherry Street (VERY vegan friendly)
When my friends are in the mood for just a good sandwich, this is the go - to place. Their portions are a very good size, and they have an endless amount of menu items for anyone. Pretty much half of their walls are covered in different types of sandwiches, soups, and salads, and all of their bread is really good too. It's located on Cherry Street in a really adorable area, and also do catering as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment